Smoothies are a great way to achieve top physical fitness.
- They taste great. This can help eliminate cravings for other sugary alternatives
- They are easy to make. A hand blender is highly recommended. Blenders are nice too, but a hand blender makes it so much easier to clean up!
- A great way to consume protein. Easily blend 30+ grams of protein in with a delicious fruit smoothie.
“10 Different Fruit Smoothies that are great for After Weight Lifting”
Are you feeling sore after lifting weights at the gym?
While some athletes consider this response normal, others would feel very sore to the extent of needing days of absences from work. Interrupting normal life means a lot.
However, other than weight lifting, various means of building muscle while repairing and getting robust can be made much possible. By simply taking any of these 10 fruit smoothies right after work-out can give you the strength you’ve never felt before.
Not only that, fruit smoothies help combat against free radicals that is harmful to human DNA and cell membrane. In addition, packed full of vitamins and mineral, they contain only the best and most delicious fruit.
Making fruit smoothies for post-workout is just easy. Just follow these simple ingredients; serving is good for 2 individuals.
1. They Whey-Too-Good Smoothie
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese; 3⁄4 cup 1% chocolate milk; 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans; 1⁄2 banana; 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt; 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed; 2 teaspoons chocolate whey-protein powder; 6 ice cubes
2. The New Zealander
- 1 cup 1% milk; 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt; 1 medium peeled kiwifruit; 1⁄2 cup strawberries; 2 teaspoons vanilla whey-protein powder; 3 ice cubes
3. The Hawaiian Five-O
- 1⁄2 cup 1% milk; 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt; 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate; 1⁄2 banana; 1⁄4 cup strawberries; 1⁄4 cup cubed ripe mango; 2 teaspoons vanilla whey-protein powder; 3 ice cubes
4. Tea It Up
- 3 tablespoons water; green tea bag; 2 teaspoons honey; 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 medium banana; 3/4cup light vanilla soy milk
5. Summer Smoothie
- 2/3 cup frozen strawberries; 1 banana; 1/2 cup cubed honeydew lemon; 4 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt; 3/4cup 1% milk; 2 teaspoons vanilla whey powder; 3 ice cubes, crushed
6. Strawberry Shortcut
- 1 scoop low-fat strawberry ice cream; 1/2 banana; 1/2 cup low-fat milk; 1/2 cup frozen strawberries; 1 tablespoon vanilla whey-protein powder; 3 ice cubes
7. Show Me the Honey
- 1 scoop low-fat butter pecan ice cream; 1/2 cup low-fat milk; 1 tablespoon vanilla whey-protein powder; 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed; 1 dash cinnamon; 1 teaspoon honey; 3 ice cubes
8. Pumpkin You Up!
- 1 scoop low-fat butter pecan ice cream; 1/2 cup canned pumpkin; 1/2 cup low-fat milk; 1 tablespoon vanilla whey-protein powder; 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed; 3 ice cubes
9. Okay on the OJ
- 1 scoop low-fat orange sherbet; 1/2 cup peeled, ready-to-eat cantaloupe; 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese; 1/2 cup low-fat milk; 1/2 cup orange juice; 1 tablespoon vanilla whey-protein powder; 3 ice cubes
10. Protein Power Smoothie
- 1/4 small pineapple (peeled); 1/2 lime (peeled); 2 apples; 1/2 avocado (make sure it’s ripe – avocado is ripe when it yields to the touch if you give it a light squeeze); 1 banana, sliced into smaller chunks; 1/4 teaspoon Spirulina Powder; ice cubes; 1 teaspoon bee pollen
How to Make the Finest Smoothies
To help ensure that fruit smoothies turn out enjoyable and delicious, try to curtail the use of sugar and depend only on the natural flavor produced by fruits. Some individuals use sugar substitutes like the artificial sweeteners Equal and Splenda while others use a lactose free liquid like soy milk.
Many individuals enjoy adding apple juice, orange juice, and other juices as well to add a little different flavor. Fruit smoothies should also be well mixed to limit huge ice chunks. Another great way to improve any fruit smoothie is to supplement small pieces of cut diced up fruit that can be used to garnish the fruit smoothie as well as add a tasty touch. Remember, fruit smoothie recipe can be altered with minor additions or subtractions to create exceptional, refined creations.
When you’re active and have a healthy living, keep it that way by feeding your body these fruit smoothies after enduring intense workout. Equipped with antioxidant properties and various powerful nutrients, they not only help combat off free radicals but help reduce risk of acquiring diseases. Rest assured your muscles won’t be as sore but rather feel comfortable, and look much better before. What are you waiting for? Be the fitter, stronger and healthier new you with fruit smoothies now!